Tuesday, September 16, 2008

HAZZARD COUNTY


first of all, i didn't hit my ball there. what i did do was put my life at risk and give some of my golfing friends some of the greatest entertainment they had ever witnessed. i was on my way to saving bogey on the number one handicap at Timberton Golf Club.....hole #5. i happened to be walking that day and pushed my push cart to the top of the green. as i was spotting my ball, i felt a good swift gust of wind just to turn around to see my push cart and all of my golf clubs sailing into the mote that you see in the pic above. i did not hesitate. i calmly took of my socks and shoes and proceeded into the most horrible scene to recover my equipment. i happened to be accompanied by russ foxworth, marty smith, and shawn clinton. each of them bit there tongues as they looked on in awe and astonishment. as they helped pull my cart and bag up, i asked them to confirm that we had retrieved all of my golf clubs. they were disheartened to let me know that my STRAIT WEDGES were still in this horribly scary scene. so, i continued to feel with my feet, my hands, and any other appendage that would aid in my effort. about the time i was in full search, shawn clinton made me aware of something near by that i was hoping not to see.....a snake. needless to say, i got out only to get back in and finally acquire the precious strait wedges.....52, 56, & 60 degrees to be more specific. what a day. just in case you are wondering, i did finish my round!

No comments: