Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hurricane Andrew


though the name of this hurricane has been officially retired, my son Andrew sometimes sweeps through our life in and out like a hurricane. Andrew officially turned 4 yesterday and it seems like my little boy is not a baby anymore. i started watching some old videos from when i documented hurricane Katrina and then i saw Andrew. i was like, was he really this little? and then it hit me - my little boy is growing up before my very eyes and i can't even remember what he looked like, talked like, and lived like the year before. it's almost as though little hurricane Andrew is blowing in and out so quickly that these cycles of life blow through and leave you before you know it. he is already a star wars junky and i must take some credit for that. his cuteness however can only be credited to his mommy.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

I found you!! Love the picture of Andrew!- 4 already?