Monday, March 9, 2009

Time to BLOG Again! Spring is Here and So Is Tour Golf!


The new tour year was brought in successfully at Bay Pointe Golf Club in Brandon, MS. The Amateur Golf Tour had it's largest turnout ever which leads me to believe that it will be a very successful season. I made my debut in A Flight after clinching a season win in B Flight last year. I had my work cut out for me with some great players in the field this past Saturday. Let me offer the disclaimer that this course was playing the most difficult of all courses for this time of year. Bay Pointe is only 6,000 yards, however it is a shot makers course in which you can't over power. You have to manage your game to the tee (no pun intended). With that being said, I was very fortunate to win my debut in the A Flight with a score of 83. You can find all the score totals here in order to get a picture of how difficult the course played in a great field of golfers http://www.amateurgolftour.net/mississippi_tour_pages/results.asp My good friends Troy Norton and Randy Bradford (seen in this pic) both shot 87 respectively finishing 2nd and 3rd in B flight on a scorecard playoff. It was a great time and I will probably be limiting my play to one tournament a month this year. Next up......Wolf Hollow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations & good to see you blogging again - I'll bet your blog has been so lonely! :) Blessings!